24 May Claim tax deduction for working at home
Claim tax deductions for working at home
If you work from home full time, part time or only on the odd occasion, you’re eligible to claim this as a tax deduction. For example, if you’re running a business from home (full-time or part-time) that requires you to use computers, phones and other electronic devices, you could be eligible to claim deductions on certain costs. This even included the cost of your home internet and electricity bills!
Working from home tax deductions can include the following:
- Cleaning costs. The expenses incurred from cleaning office space at home.
- Office furniture. Purchase and repair costs for office furniture and fittings required to do your job.
- Your phone bill. Landline and mobile phone calls related to work matters (you should get an itemised phone bill and highlight the work-related calls)
- Your home internet bill. You can claim a portion of your monthly internet bill, in line with how often you use it for work purposes.
- Electricity bills. You can also claim a portion of your home electricity bills, in line with how often you work from home.
If you have questions regarding your home office this tax time, get in contact with us, or you can read more here.